Charity car boot sale to take place in Horsefair Shopping Centre car park next month
- Credit: Archant
THE top floor of a Wisbech car park will host a charity car boot sale on May 6.
Pitches are going fast for the Horsefair Shopping Centre’s third charity sale which will raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support, which provides practical, medical and financial support to people who suffer from the disease.
Last year’s car boot sale raised nearly £400 for the local Lions Club.
Residents in Wisbech are being encouraged to dig out their unwanted goods and book a pitch.
Horsefair manager, Kevin Smith said: “There are still pitches available and I want to encourage shoppers to come along and browse the sale, which is free to enter.
“Car boot events are fantastic for finding bargains and exciting relics.”
On the day cars will be charged £5 and a car with a trailer will be £10.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
All of the booking fees will be donated to the charity.
Those interested in taking a pitch will need to pre-book at the centre’s Kodak store on the Horsefair bus station, or by telephoning the Horsefair’s centre manager on 01945 584109.
The event will run from 8am – 1pm, There will be free entry and unrestricted parking on the ground floor all day. Those taking pitches are being encouraged to set up from 7am.
For more information contact the centre manager’s office on 01945 584109.