Runners raise charity cash for Peterborough City Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club swapped running trainers for hiking boots to help fundraise for Peterborough City Hospital.
Dedicated runners took time out to help support fellow club member and friend Tracy Pratt.
Tracy, who is a nurse practitioner, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently receiving treatment on the Haematology and Oncology Unit.
Her work colleagues had organised a cake stall, head shave, 100 mile static bike ride and a 5k charity walk around Ferry Meadows - who also let them have the use of the cafe area and facilities to accommodate everyone who came.
So far they have managed to raise £2443 and if anyone would like to still donate the link is open until February 13.
You may also want to watch:
The walk was followed by a sunny but fresh junior parkrun on Sunday morning which saw a turnout of 46 runners with 12 of them being TCRC junior members.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car