Charity christmas lights display at Willow House, Duncombe’s Road, Turves on course to raise thousands of pounds for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Glowing golden reindeers, a nativity set-up and a pony dressed as Rudolph are just some of hundreds of illuminations spread over Willow House’s three acres of land.
With over a million lights switched on, husband and wife team Robert and Amanda Dempsey undoubtedly have one of the biggest and best Christmas light displays in East Anglia.
Open from 5 to 9pm every night, the couple’s home at Duncombe’s Road in Turves is proving to be a major attraction – and it’s all in aid of a good cause.
Raising money for charity for the second year, last year’s display totalled £2,200 in funds, and this year Mr and Mrs Dempsey – with their friend Phil Hall - hope to at least double that sum to help a charity close to their hearts.
“We’ve already raised £1,200 for Cancer Research UK and it’s only the beginning of December”, said Mr Dempsey.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody has been touched by the charity in one way or another,” he added. “I think it’s a charity that everyone can relate to and it’s something that I strongly believe in.”
Mr and Mrs Dempsey have set themselves a fundraising target of £4,000 to £5,000 this year!
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
For more information, visit http://willowhousechristmaslights.co.uk/ or search Willow House Christmas Lights Turves on Facebook.