Charity christmas lights display at Willow House, Duncombe’s Road, Turves on course to raise thousands of pounds for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Glowing golden reindeers, a nativity set-up and a pony dressed as Rudolph are just some of hundreds of illuminations spread over Willow House’s three acres of land.
With over a million lights switched on, husband and wife team Robert and Amanda Dempsey undoubtedly have one of the biggest and best Christmas light displays in East Anglia.
Open from 5 to 9pm every night, the couple’s home at Duncombe’s Road in Turves is proving to be a major attraction – and it’s all in aid of a good cause.
Raising money for charity for the second year, last year’s display totalled £2,200 in funds, and this year Mr and Mrs Dempsey – with their friend Phil Hall - hope to at least double that sum to help a charity close to their hearts.
“We’ve already raised £1,200 for Cancer Research UK and it’s only the beginning of December”, said Mr Dempsey.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody has been touched by the charity in one way or another,” he added. “I think it’s a charity that everyone can relate to and it’s something that I strongly believe in.”
Mr and Mrs Dempsey have set themselves a fundraising target of £4,000 to £5,000 this year!
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
For more information, visit http://willowhousechristmaslights.co.uk/ or search Willow House Christmas Lights Turves on Facebook.