Council chairman’s coffee morning raises hundreds for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity coffee morning organised by the chairman of Fenland District Council raised £726.63 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Councillor Mrs Kay Mayor invited residents to her coffee morning yesterday (Thursday September 26) as part of Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning event at Fenland Hall.
The event was well attended by local people and free tea and coffee was served, alongside a variety of cakes and sausage rolls for sale. There was also a raffle offering a range of prizes.
The money was raised thanks to the donation of cakes, raffle prizes and donations on the day.
World's Biggest Coffee Morning is Macmillan Cancer Support's biggest fundraising event. Each year, people in the UK and worldwide host their own coffee morning.
You may also want to watch:
The donations received go towards Macmillan services. In 2016 alone, World's Biggest Coffee Morning raised £29.5 million.
Have you held your own Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning event? Let us know what you did, how much you've raised and send your photos to email@example.com
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens