Ye Olde Griffin to host Cancer Research UK charity night with Man Vs Food, ‘Plank Challenge’ and cycle challenge on offer
- Credit: GOOGLE / STONEGATE PUBS
One of March’s most popular food spots will be hosting a charity afternoon to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
Amongst the normal fundraising activities, the Stonegate pub will be putting on a Man Vs Food challenge, as well as a food plank and cycle challenge.
We're not quite sure what the 'plank challenge' entails, but what we do know is that on the Griffin's menu is a very large plank for up to five plates of food.
The event takes place at the March High Street hotel on Friday, June 14 and the challenges will begin from 12pm until late, with the charity night beginning at 8pm.
Marina Oldale, general manager, said: "We want to raise as much money as possible for this very worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
"Customers can join in and help raise funds by taking part in activities, buying raffle tickets or simply putting a donation into collection buckets located around the pub.
"Please do come along on Friday to enjoy the evening and support Cancer Research UK."
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
Cancer Research UK is a cancer research and awareness charity based in the United Kingdom and Isle of Man and was formed on 4 February 2002.
The charity's number one aim is to reduce the number of deaths from cancer.