Charity event raises thousands in memory of March businessman
SUNSHINE, great food and a wonderful garden added up to a hugely successful fund raising event in memory of March businessman David Dobson.
More than �10,000 will go to Macmillan Cancer Support thanks to the generosity of those who went along to the open garden afternoon at the family home in Orchard Road South on Saturday and others who pledged donations.
Mr Dobson, who died last year from a rare form of cancer, was keen that his family raise both awareness and money for the charity.
His daughter, Claire, said: “ It was absolutely amazing. It just seems like a dream now. We had around 400 people come along and there were all ages from children to pensioners having a great time”
Petrou brothers Mark and Pete provided a hog roast and that was followed by strawberries and cream.
You may also want to watch:
Claire said: “ We want to thank everyone who came along and supported us as a family and for the level of support for dad and the charity.”
Donations are still welcome and can be made at Dobsons shop in High Street, March.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films