Charity event raises thousands in memory of March businessman
SUNSHINE, great food and a wonderful garden added up to a hugely successful fund raising event in memory of March businessman David Dobson.
More than �10,000 will go to Macmillan Cancer Support thanks to the generosity of those who went along to the open garden afternoon at the family home in Orchard Road South on Saturday and others who pledged donations.
Mr Dobson, who died last year from a rare form of cancer, was keen that his family raise both awareness and money for the charity.
His daughter, Claire, said: “ It was absolutely amazing. It just seems like a dream now. We had around 400 people come along and there were all ages from children to pensioners having a great time”
Petrou brothers Mark and Pete provided a hog roast and that was followed by strawberries and cream.
You may also want to watch:
Claire said: “ We want to thank everyone who came along and supported us as a family and for the level of support for dad and the charity.”
Donations are still welcome and can be made at Dobsons shop in High Street, March.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits