Charity jumper day raises money for Papworth Trust thanks to Neale Wade students
- Credit: Archant
Neale Wade students joined a county schools challenge to raise more than £5,000 for charity.
The students joined pupils from Netherhall School in Cambridge to help boost funds for disability charity Papworth Trust.
The two schools launched a school accumulator challenge last year where teams of secondary students were given £50 by main sponsor Mr Hugh’s and had three months to use their entrepreneurial skills to turn the money into as much profit as possible.
Papworth Trust Community Fundraiser Andrea Chupacova said: “We have been very impressed by the entrepreneurship shown by these students, and by their enthusiasm to raise funds for Papworth Trust.”
All funds raised have been donated to the charity which provides essential services for disabled and older people.
You may also want to watch:
First place went to Artic Funkeys from Netherhall who raised £1,051.11, second to Pride in Determination from Netherhall, who raised £563.08.
Third place went to Crossey and Pooley of Neale-Wade Academy who raised £903.64.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Best activity idea came from team Determination from Neale-Wade Academy who raised £634.69 through a sponsored Christmas jumper day.
The overall winners, the Artic Funkeys did lots of small activities such as cake sales, a Santa t-shirt sale and bag packing at local Sainsburys.
The venue and refreshments for the prize giving ceremony were donated by the Holiday Inn in Histon.