Bereavement charity receive £1600 from March Golf Club fundraising
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £1600 was handed over to a bereavement charity by the lady captain of March Golf Club.
Sandra Russell attended the head office of the Lullaby Trust's offices in London on December 11.
The funds raised will be used to help bereaved parents in all aspects of coping with the loss of a child.
The charity has been a cause close to Sandra's heart having lost a grandchild in 1997 at four months old.
Her daughter went along with her to meet some of the trust's fundraising colleagues including Hannah Pinchen.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra during her year had several events to raise the funds of £1600 - one of which was a sponsored bike ride around Grafham Water which covers a total of 10km over rough terrain.
Thanks were given to all at March Golf Club for the great support given during Sandra's year as captain.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off