Open day at Dunham’s Wood Light Railway in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
It will be full steam ahead for an open day at Dunham’s Wood Light Railway in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Volunteers from the March, Chatteris and district fundraising group for Macmillan will be providing refreshments, including delicious homemade cakes, tea, coffee and cold drinks.
There will also be a big raffle with lots of prizes.
The Wood in Rodham Road, on the outskirts of March, will be open from 1pm to 5pm on July 21.
Find it by taking Upwell Road out of March and following the signs (sat nav PE15 0DN).
You may also want to watch:
Entry and car parking are free and the train rides are £1 per person, with children under five allowed free of charge.
Enjoy a train ride, drinks and snacks, and a wander through lovely woodland, or explore the maze, all for the benefit of Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Funds raised will help local people whose lives have been affected by a cancer diagnosis.
For more information about Dunham's Wood and its light railway, call 01354 661997 or visit http://www.facebook.com/DWLRailway
There will also be a bingo night at Manea Village Hall on July 19 with all money going to the charity.
To find out about volunteering at Macmillan Cancer Support call 07801 307050