Open day at Dunham’s Wood Light Railway in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
It will be full steam ahead for an open day at Dunham’s Wood Light Railway in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Volunteers from the March, Chatteris and district fundraising group for Macmillan will be providing refreshments, including delicious homemade cakes, tea, coffee and cold drinks.
There will also be a big raffle with lots of prizes.
The Wood in Rodham Road, on the outskirts of March, will be open from 1pm to 5pm on July 21.
Find it by taking Upwell Road out of March and following the signs (sat nav PE15 0DN).
Entry and car parking are free and the train rides are £1 per person, with children under five allowed free of charge.
Enjoy a train ride, drinks and snacks, and a wander through lovely woodland, or explore the maze, all for the benefit of Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 3 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 4 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 5 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 8 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill woman
- 10 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
Funds raised will help local people whose lives have been affected by a cancer diagnosis.
For more information about Dunham's Wood and its light railway, call 01354 661997 or visit http://www.facebook.com/DWLRailway
There will also be a bingo night at Manea Village Hall on July 19 with all money going to the charity.
To find out about volunteering at Macmillan Cancer Support call 07801 307050