Open day at Dunham’s Wood Light Railway in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
It will be full steam ahead for an open day at Dunham’s Wood Light Railway in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Volunteers from the March, Chatteris and district fundraising group for Macmillan will be providing refreshments, including delicious homemade cakes, tea, coffee and cold drinks.
There will also be a big raffle with lots of prizes.
The Wood in Rodham Road, on the outskirts of March, will be open from 1pm to 5pm on July 21.
Find it by taking Upwell Road out of March and following the signs (sat nav PE15 0DN).
You may also want to watch:
Entry and car parking are free and the train rides are £1 per person, with children under five allowed free of charge.
Enjoy a train ride, drinks and snacks, and a wander through lovely woodland, or explore the maze, all for the benefit of Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Funds raised will help local people whose lives have been affected by a cancer diagnosis.
For more information about Dunham's Wood and its light railway, call 01354 661997 or visit http://www.facebook.com/DWLRailway
There will also be a bingo night at Manea Village Hall on July 19 with all money going to the charity.
To find out about volunteering at Macmillan Cancer Support call 07801 307050