Charity service raises more than £200 for Eddie’s in March
- Credit: Archant
A special church service raised more than £200 for March-based charity Eddie’s.
The women’s group, from Our Ladies of Good Council and St Peter’s Church, sang hymns, recited a passage and listened to a talk from charity trustee Margaret Oatey.
Anita Neave, 71, from the women’s group, explained that Eddie’s was the perfect choice.
“My daughter, who is 33, has gone there for the past four years and they’ve been brilliant and very supportive. Her confidence has grown so much.
“Each year the group tries to raise money for a different charity. In the past we’ve helped ones abroad and others in the UK, but this year we wanted to choose one closer to home.
You may also want to watch:
“Eddie’s were very thankful that we raised £222 in one afternoon and now it will go to help them with the work they do in March.”
The event took place on Wednesday October 10.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Tea, coffee and cakes were served for those who attended.