Charity walk in Whittlesey to raise funds for Defibrillators for All and Young Persons Counselling Service
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of an upcoming charity walk in Whittlesey are on the lookout for more people to join their team.
The Whittlesey and District Business Forum is teaming up with the Fens Magazine to lead the walk on July 9.
Money raised from the fundraising event will go towards Defibrillators for All and Young Persons Counselling Service.
The walk is five miles running from Whittlesey through Coates and Eastrea and back to Whittlesey.
Steve Hodson, of W&D Business Forum, said: “Come and join us for a great day out. We’re hoping for over 100 people to take part, but it’s the first year so you never know.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a fairly leisurely walk which mainly goes along tarmac and bridleway. It has been devised by Fenland District Council.”
Entries close on July 2.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
For more information visit www.whittleseybusiness.co.uk/sponsored-walk call Steve Hodson on 01733 203064 or email Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the walk.