Charlotte crowned March Brass 2000 most improved player of the year
- Credit: Archant
A cup was presented to cornet player Charlotte Austin, 12, as March Brass 2000s most improved player this year.
Charlotte, who is studying at IES Breckland at Brandon, has been playing for four years and is currently taught by Daphne Austin.
Charlotte comes from a musical family and was in the junior band before joining the main band a year ago, having passed her grade II.
The cup was presented by March Brass 2000 chairman, Peter Sutterby, who said: “I am very proud of Charlotte and pleased to present this cup for progress and the great contribution she has made to the cornet section.”
Charlotte said that she enjoys the band because it is friendly, and like a ‘small community’.
You may also want to watch:
She likes to play and chat in the break with students her age and enjoys playing with the older band members too, including her grandparents.
March Brass 2000 is a family orientated, non-contesting band that welcomes experienced players. The band attends various functions throughout the year and is always looking for new players (instruments may be provided).
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Band practice is held on Monday evenings from 7pm until 9pm; beginners and juniors from 5.45pm to 6.45pm.
The current venue is St Peter’s Church, March but will soon move back to the Roman Catholic Church Hall, St John’s Road, March.
For more information contact secretary Deb Watts on 01354-655429 or visit www.marchbrass2000.co.uk