Photographic tribute to the hard work and enterprise that inspired Chatteris to gold standard at the Anglia in Bloom awards
- Credit: Archant
There was a touch of magic in the air today in Chatteris – and with good cause.
Months of hard work and enterprise created a town of which residents can, rightly, be proud.
And the ultimate gold standard accolade was recognised by judges in the Anglia in Bloom awards who gifted Chatteris one of the main plaques at the awards ceremony at St Ives.
The small group of volunteers making the way to St Ives were joined by 300 others from across East Anglia and with heads held high celebrated the town's success.
Townsfolk have picked litter, created flower beds, encouraged business support and kept the town looking spick and span for the judges.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to a Facebook page created for Chatteris in Bloom the story of one day's moment of success is reflected in months of quiet planning and preparation.
Courtesy of Chatteris in Bloom we dipped into their page to reflect some of their hard work.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March
Here's our special achievement recognising all that they have achieved.