Photographic tribute to the hard work and enterprise that inspired Chatteris to gold standard at the Anglia in Bloom awards
- Credit: Archant
There was a touch of magic in the air today in Chatteris – and with good cause.
Months of hard work and enterprise created a town of which residents can, rightly, be proud.
And the ultimate gold standard accolade was recognised by judges in the Anglia in Bloom awards who gifted Chatteris one of the main plaques at the awards ceremony at St Ives.
The small group of volunteers making the way to St Ives were joined by 300 others from across East Anglia and with heads held high celebrated the town's success.
Townsfolk have picked litter, created flower beds, encouraged business support and kept the town looking spick and span for the judges.
Thanks to a Facebook page created for Chatteris in Bloom the story of one day's moment of success is reflected in months of quiet planning and preparation.
Courtesy of Chatteris in Bloom we dipped into their page to reflect some of their hard work.
- 1 A1 Northbound shut due to overturned lorry near Peterborough
- 2 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Here's our special achievement recognising all that they have achieved.