Chatteris and Manea residents encouraged to join police in the battle against speeding drivers
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS and Manea residents are being asked to help police crackdown on speeding drivers.
Officers are encouraging people to join the Community Speedwatch initiative being held in their area.
Police provide all the equipment including high-visibility tabards and a speed monitoring device.
Speeding drivers will receive a letter advising them they were speeding and giving relevant guidance and advice.
PCSO Martin Bogunovic said: “Community Speedwatch puts the public at the centre of enforcement.
You may also want to watch:
“It allows residents to see the problems as they exist and the methods police can use to combat them.”
Anyone interested in joining should contact the Chatteris and Manea neighbourhood team by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government