Fenland army cadets open first parade of 2020 with visit from Cambridgeshire force
- Credit: Archant
Army cadets from the Fens opened their first parade night of the year with a visit from the Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force (ACF).
Members of the Chatteris Detachment met with Major Lesley Deacon from the ACF's No.1 Company and her team at their New Road base.
Cadets from Chatteris were relocated from the ACF's No.3 Company to the No.1 Company at the event, which houses over 200 cadets from Fenland and Peterborough.
Major Deacon said: "It was great to meet the cadets and adults. I am looking forward to working with them all."
The ACF is accepting new cadets for 12-18 year-olds who want to take on a challenging and varied syllabus based on military themes.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris Detachment Army Cadet Force is also on the lookout for new cadets and adult volunteers, and parade at the ACF Cadet Centre on New Road every Wednesday from 7-9pm.
For more information on how to join, call detachment commander Lt Dave Percival on 01223 862949.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'