Chatteris artist selected for international arts prize
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland artist has had a piece of work selected for the international Art Gemini Prize.
Mr Savage, based in Chatteris, is one of 56 artists chosen from 744 entries from 33 countries.
His artwork, called In Search of Prey, is a study of a tiger diving underwater in pencil.
All the shortlisted artists’ work will be on view at the Rebecca Hossack Gallery in London in an exhibition running from January 24-February 7, open daily from 10am-6pm except Sundays.
The prize winners will be announced at a private viewing on January 23.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month, Mr Savage was Mark Rumble’s guest for his Music of My Life feature on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire where he chose three music tracks and chatted about his life and work.
Later this year he mounts a joint exhibition with March-based mixed media artist, Marian Savill, called At The Going Down Of The Sun.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
All the work is on the theme of the First World War and there will be an accompanying book which will be the second publication produced by Mr Savage’s publishing house, Savage Studios.
To see more of Mr Savage’s work, visit www.affordable-fineart.com