Chatteris car fire was ‘accidental’, say Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue
- Credit: Archant
A car fire, which firefighters are labelling “accidental mechanical”, closed the A141 roundabout near Chatteris yesterday evening (May 15).
The closure meant motorists coming from Huntingdon had to go through Chatteris town instead of along the A141.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “On Tuesday at 5.29pm, one crew from Chatteris was called to a car fire on the A141 near Chatteris.
“The crew arrived to find a car well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.
“The crew returned to their station by 6.30pm.”
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Teenage driver dies yards from home in 2am crash