Chatteris car fire was ‘accidental’, say Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue
- Credit: Archant
A car fire, which firefighters are labelling “accidental mechanical”, closed the A141 roundabout near Chatteris yesterday evening (May 15).
The closure meant motorists coming from Huntingdon had to go through Chatteris town instead of along the A141.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “On Tuesday at 5.29pm, one crew from Chatteris was called to a car fire on the A141 near Chatteris.
“The crew arrived to find a car well alight. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
“The crew returned to their station by 6.30pm.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital