Chatteris charity asking for votes to help it receive cash boost
- Credit: Archant
A charity is asking for public support to help it receive a much needed cash boost.
Chatteris’ What Next Support Group is one of the Fenland charities nominated for the Lloyds Bank Community Awards.
There are four good causes recognised in each community area. The two groups with the most votes will each receive £3,000 and the other two £300 each.
The What Next Support Group provides support for adults with long-term and terminal illnesses and their carers to improve their quality of life.
The award would support “Jean Jumeau”, their wheelchair adapted community car which makes more than 150 trips a year for patients and carers from medical and respite appointments to shopping, outings and social visits.
You may also want to watch:
In the last year the vehicle travelled almost 4,000 miles helping people who would otherwise struggle to get about.
To give them your backing text VOTE KBLB to 61119 or vote online at www.lloydsbank.com.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
Once on the link page scroll to the bottom of page and find communities then go to search for a good cause.