Here’s what you need to know about Chatteris Christmas lights on 2018
- Credit: Archant
Christmas is coming in Chatteris as the lights switch on is set to be the biggest yet.
It has become one of the main features in the festive calendar with hundreds descending on the historic market town.
The big switch on will be taking place on December 1 2018 at 4.30pm, with road closures in place from 12 noon.
Each year, organisers approach one of the two local primary schools to nominate a child to join Santa to switch on the lights from Market Hill Gardens.
For 2017 it was the turn of Glebelands who nominated Vine Southern.
You may also want to watch:
From around 3pm the town centre is always packed as traders entertain their customers with seasonal cheer and street entertainment and fairground rides keep the crowds happy, especially the children.
The event includes stalls with a festive feel, representing local organisations and small businesses, in the Market Hill area.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Anyone who wants to book a stall can contact email@example.com
The Salvation Army hold a Christmas Fayre where there is a chance to pick up some bargains for presents and decorations too.