Town illuminated for Christmas after virtual switch-on
Chatteris may not have been able to host its usual switch-on this year, but that doesn’t mean the town’s Christmas lights aren’t still among the best in Fenland.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the committee that organises the annual event instead held a low-key virtual switch-on.
A spokesman for the Chatteris Christmas Lights committee said: “If you do visit the town, wear a mask, respect others and the space around you.
“Keep your distance but most of all Enjoy the lights.”
The committee added that lights will be on from 3pm to midnight every day until Januray 5.
MORE: Chatteris Christmas lights switch-on 2019 gallery
One resident said on Facebook: “Wow! The Christmas lights are spectacular. I never realised just how much work goes into this.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
“Please don’t forget to donate - even if it’s just a few loose pennies in one of the collection pots.”
For more details visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk