Town illuminated for Christmas after virtual switch-on
Chatteris may not have been able to host its usual switch-on this year, but that doesn’t mean the town’s Christmas lights aren’t still among the best in Fenland.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the committee that organises the annual event instead held a low-key virtual switch-on.
A spokesman for the Chatteris Christmas Lights committee said: “If you do visit the town, wear a mask, respect others and the space around you.
“Keep your distance but most of all Enjoy the lights.”
The committee added that lights will be on from 3pm to midnight every day until Januray 5.
MORE: Chatteris Christmas lights switch-on 2019 gallery
One resident said on Facebook: “Wow! The Christmas lights are spectacular. I never realised just how much work goes into this.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 7 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
“Please don’t forget to donate - even if it’s just a few loose pennies in one of the collection pots.”
For more details visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk