Town illuminated for Christmas after virtual switch-on
Chatteris may not have been able to host its usual switch-on this year, but that doesn’t mean the town’s Christmas lights aren’t still among the best in Fenland.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the committee that organises the annual event instead held a low-key virtual switch-on.
A spokesman for the Chatteris Christmas Lights committee said: “If you do visit the town, wear a mask, respect others and the space around you.
“Keep your distance but most of all Enjoy the lights.”
The committee added that lights will be on from 3pm to midnight every day until Januray 5.
MORE: Chatteris Christmas lights switch-on 2019 gallery
One resident said on Facebook: “Wow! The Christmas lights are spectacular. I never realised just how much work goes into this.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“Please don’t forget to donate - even if it’s just a few loose pennies in one of the collection pots.”
For more details visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk