Town illuminated for Christmas after virtual switch-on
Chatteris may not have been able to host its usual switch-on this year, but that doesn’t mean the town’s Christmas lights aren’t still among the best in Fenland.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the committee that organises the annual event instead held a low-key virtual switch-on.
A spokesman for the Chatteris Christmas Lights committee said: “If you do visit the town, wear a mask, respect others and the space around you.
“Keep your distance but most of all Enjoy the lights.”
The committee added that lights will be on from 3pm to midnight every day until Januray 5.
MORE: Chatteris Christmas lights switch-on 2019 gallery
One resident said on Facebook: “Wow! The Christmas lights are spectacular. I never realised just how much work goes into this.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
“Please don’t forget to donate - even if it’s just a few loose pennies in one of the collection pots.”
For more details visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk