Chatteris church to take part in world record attempt
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland church could become a world record breaker next month.
Chatteris Parish Church is taking part in a world record attempt, along with venues across the UK, where couples will simultaneously re-affirm their marriage vows at 5.15pm on February 8.
The world record, set in Ohio, USA, in 2009, is 1,089 couples.
Revd Wendy Thomson, of Chatteris Parish Church, said: “This is a great opportunity for any couple who would like to let the world know how important their marriage is to them.
“We as a church are very excited to be involved in this event and welcome anyone that would like to take part.”
You may also want to watch:
Couples need to arrive from 4.30pm and bring their marriage certificate and Photo ID.
The ceremony will start at 5pm with a disco following for the whole family with love songs through the decades.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire