Chatteris couple thanks public for getting behind bike show and digging deep in their pockets for Magpas
- Credit: Archant
A couple’s first ever bike show was so successful they are already planning next year’s event.
Bike fanatics Bevan and Dave Lockwood, of Chatteris, held a bike show at Chatteris Conservative Club on May 11 in aid of medical charity Magpas.
The show had five bike categories - best in show, best engineering, best rat, best paint job and best trike.
There was also live music, a raffle and a variety of stalls including Motorcyle Action Group MAG, 2WheelJunkie and leather work specialists Spirit of the Fen.
The proceeds of the event have now been tallied up and Mrs Lockwood is proud to announce that £771.83 was raised for Magpas.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “My husband and I are bikers and are always going to different shows all over the place. We thought it was time to hold something in our town.
“We would like to say thank you to everyone who helped us and came along to the show.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“We will definitely be doing another one next year.”