Chatteris man arrested for drug driving after member of public helps police officers by blocking the road in Wimblington
- Credit: Archant
The quick thinking actions of a member of the public helped police to arrest a Chatteris man for drug driving after the offender fled from officers when they approached his suspicious vehicle in Wimblington.
Fenland Police have thanked the member of the public who used their own vehicle to block the road, helping officers to apprehend the man in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
"We approached a suspicious vehicle which was parked up in March Road, however the driver made off from us," said a police spokesman.
"But they didn't make it very far after a member of the public, allowing us to arrest a 37-year-old man from Chatteris.
"He tested positive for drugs at the road side and was arrested. He has since been bailed to return to the Police Investigation Centre at King's Lynn on November 5.
You may also want to watch:
"Thank you again to the driver who helped us."
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home