Chatteris engineering student wins award for film promoting higher education
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris engineering student at Cambridge Regional College has scooped an award for a film promoting higher education qualifications.
The video ‘Why choose a BTEC?’ was one of 10 winning entrants from colleges around the world chosen to feature in a global campaign by awarding organisation Pearson.
Leigh Sessions, of The Elms, Chatteris, and fellow student Michael Hallam, put together their 30-second film in the college’s electronics labs.
Their film has now been put together with the other winners’ to form one video which Pearson – BTEC qualifications – is sharing on its website, through email, newsletters and social media.
Leigh, 32, who last year won a national Adult Learner of the Year award, is studying an HNC part-time at CRC as part of his job at TTP, Europe’s leading independent technology development company.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was delighted with the win.
“Michael and I had some great responses from other students when we asked them why they were studying an HNC in engineering at CRC and putting all the answers together gave us a winning film,” he said.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
“We’re very pleased Pearson liked it – and it’s fantastic to see our work featured so widely.”
Visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMX_3na5kwjR2o5ODg5dkdHZ2s/view to watch the video.