Chatteris engineering student wins award for film promoting higher education
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris engineering student at Cambridge Regional College has scooped an award for a film promoting higher education qualifications.
The video ‘Why choose a BTEC?’ was one of 10 winning entrants from colleges around the world chosen to feature in a global campaign by awarding organisation Pearson.
Leigh Sessions, of The Elms, Chatteris, and fellow student Michael Hallam, put together their 30-second film in the college’s electronics labs.
Their film has now been put together with the other winners’ to form one video which Pearson – BTEC qualifications – is sharing on its website, through email, newsletters and social media.
Leigh, 32, who last year won a national Adult Learner of the Year award, is studying an HNC part-time at CRC as part of his job at TTP, Europe’s leading independent technology development company.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was delighted with the win.
“Michael and I had some great responses from other students when we asked them why they were studying an HNC in engineering at CRC and putting all the answers together gave us a winning film,” he said.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
“We’re very pleased Pearson liked it – and it’s fantastic to see our work featured so widely.”
Visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMX_3na5kwjR2o5ODg5dkdHZ2s/view to watch the video.