Chatteris family give a ‘grand’ thank-you to Cambridge hospital in memory of Tony Harlock
A Chatteris family has said thank-you to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with a £1,000 donation.
Michelle Harlock, Emma Miles and Naomi Moore - daughter-in-law and granddaughters of the late Tony Harlock, of Chatteris, presented a cheque to ward D9 in his memory.
Tony spent several weeks on the ward during his ultimately unsuccessful fight against cancer last spring.
The money came from funeral donations, sale of furniture from the estate and approximately half from a fundraiser organised by the three women.
The money will be spent on providing items for the patients on the ward that is not covered by the NHS.
You may also want to watch:
The family are hoping some will be used for extra training for specialist care on ward D9.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire