Chatteris firm ERMS strengthens relationship with Cambridge United and gives the club’s young prospects a boost
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge United’s talented young academy players will wear kit carrying the name of a Chatteris fruit and vegetable producer next season.
ERMS UK is sponsoring Cambridge United FC’s regional development centre and Shadow Academy playing kit for the forthcoming season.
The regional development centre offers professional coaching to about 900 players at 15 locations within 50 miles of Cambridge.
The kit will be worn by more than 1,200 children associated with the U’s Youth Development system across the region.
ERMS sponsored the club’s 2014/15 away kit, which was worn throughout last year’s campaign including the trip to Old Trafford for the U’s FA Cup Third Round replay against Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
ERMS managing director, Ian Smith, said: ”As a family company with our roots well established since 1986, it’s a good feeling to be able to sponsor the centres that might well see youngsters coming up from grass roots level to actually end up playing for the club.
“We’ve had a lot of pleasure sponsoring Cambridge United over the years and are delighted to be the first sponsor of the regional development centre.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Cambridge United football development manager, James Cutting, said: “The support that ERMS has given us through this sponsorship is a further indication of the strength of partnerships that we are developing in the local community.
“To have such a high profile sponsor on the player’s shirts is fantastic and the fact that it looks so striking will no doubt help the players feel professional as they represent Cambridge United Football Club in weekly training sessions and school holiday matches.”