Fire crews tackle first floor bedroom blaze in Chatteris
PUBLISHED: 10:17 21 October 2019
Fire spent nearly an hour in Chatteris on Saturday night tackling a house blaze.
The fire broke out in a first floor bedroom of a semi-detached house in Wenny Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire fire and rescue said they were called at 10.38pm.
You may also want to watch:
"One crew Chatteris and one from Manea were called to the fire," said the spokesman.
"Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a first floor bedroom of a semi-detached house.
"Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 11.30pm."
The spokesman added: "The cause of the fire was accidental."
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.