Fire crews tackle first floor bedroom blaze in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Fire spent nearly an hour in Chatteris on Saturday night tackling a house blaze.
The fire broke out in a first floor bedroom of a semi-detached house in Wenny Road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire fire and rescue said they were called at 10.38pm.
"One crew Chatteris and one from Manea were called to the fire," said the spokesman.
"Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a first floor bedroom of a semi-detached house.
You may also want to watch:
"Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 11.30pm."
The spokesman added: "The cause of the fire was accidental."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens