HRH Princess Anne is coming to Chatteris at the end of this month to meet apprentices, staff and management at Stainless Metalcraft
- Credit: PA News Wire
Her Royal Highness Princess Anne will be visiting the region at the end of March to meet local apprentices and management at Stainless Metalcraft in Chatteris.
The Princess Royal will be finding out about the manufacturer’s “commitment to training” and its “ground-breaking work in the medical and nuclear decommissioning sectors”.
The event will take place on Friday, March 29 at the Stainless building on the Honeysome Road industrial estate – she will be heading to Huntingdon following her visit.
Austen Adams, managing director, said: “We’re thrilled to be welcoming HRH Princess Anne to Chatteris and look forward to sharing the Metalcraft story with her.
“The visit has been arranged in recognition of a number of key milestones for the business, including 100 years of apprenticeship training.
You may also want to watch:
“It also marks 40 years since we began manufacturing parts for the world’s first MRI machines, and the production of 3m3 boxes for Sellafield’s nuclear decommissioning programme.”
The HRH will tour facilities, join local school children in engineering activities and will unveil a plaque to mark the progress of the Sellafield contract.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told