HRH Princess Anne is coming to Chatteris at the end of this month to meet apprentices, staff and management at Stainless Metalcraft
- Credit: PA News Wire
Her Royal Highness Princess Anne will be visiting the region at the end of March to meet local apprentices and management at Stainless Metalcraft in Chatteris.
The Princess Royal will be finding out about the manufacturer’s “commitment to training” and its “ground-breaking work in the medical and nuclear decommissioning sectors”.
The event will take place on Friday, March 29 at the Stainless building on the Honeysome Road industrial estate – she will be heading to Huntingdon following her visit.
Austen Adams, managing director, said: “We’re thrilled to be welcoming HRH Princess Anne to Chatteris and look forward to sharing the Metalcraft story with her.
“The visit has been arranged in recognition of a number of key milestones for the business, including 100 years of apprenticeship training.
You may also want to watch:
“It also marks 40 years since we began manufacturing parts for the world’s first MRI machines, and the production of 3m3 boxes for Sellafield’s nuclear decommissioning programme.”
The HRH will tour facilities, join local school children in engineering activities and will unveil a plaque to mark the progress of the Sellafield contract.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'