Girl, 11, selling her hand-made badges for £1 to raise cash for children’s hospital wards
- Credit: Supplied/Naomi Howard
A schoolgirl from the Fens is selling hand-made badges for £1 to raise money for the children’s wards at two of the region’s hospitals.
Eleven-year-old Kaydie from Chatteris is designing pin badges for people to wear to show their support for carers and the NHS – already raising more than £160.
Naomi Howard, Kaydie’s mum who is a nurse, said: “She [Kaydie] has made four different designs and she has been very busy making the badges to order.
“She was trying to think of something positive to do to help with the current situation so came up with the idea of designing her own badges to make money.”
Kaydie is hoping to raise £200 for her chosen wards at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon and Peterborough City Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Kaydie said: “NHS, keep going as you are doing so well, and I appreciate you being there to support us. As you are supporting us, I want to support you.
“Thank you to everyone who has sponsored a badge.”
To donate, visit: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/naomi-howard3
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years