Chatteris grandmother, 71, to run Great Wall of China Marathon later this month
- Credit: Archant
A 71 YEAR-OLD grandmother of three will fulfil a lifetime ambition when she competes in the Great Wall of China Marathon later this month.
Lavinia Seward, from Chatteris, is running on behalf of Woman’s Aid, a charity close to her family’s heart.
The keen runner, who has tackled the London, New York, Toronto and Berlin marathons in the past, flies to the other side of the world on May 14, with the race taking place four days later.
Lavinia Seward, her daughter, said: “It has always been her ambition to do this marathon,
“She has been training for months and months. She usually runs one a year.
You may also want to watch:
“She has decided to run for Woman’s Aid since it is a charity which does not get a lot of funding and is close to our hearts.
“They help women and children who have been victims of domestic violence, something which my son and I have suffered from.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
“I’m very proud of her and know I could not do anything like it. She just hopes to raise as much as she can.”
To find out more about Lavinia’s efforts and to donate go to the Facebook page Lavinia Seward aged 71 runs Great Wall of China Marathon for Woman’s Aid.