Chatteris gym users must pay more to continue certain activities after Fenland Council changed prices
I read with interest an article regarding the change in leisure facility pricing.
Did Mr Horton realise that as well as no longer being able to use the gym prior to 9.30am that certain classes currently held between 9.30am and 4.30pm will no longer be included in the daytime membership?
And should the members wish to attend, they will be forced to either pay £6.80 per session or upgrade to anytime membership?
Chatteris has at present only six daytime classes compared to 15 at Wisbech and 16 at both March and Whittlesey. Of the six held at Chatteris, only three will be included in the daytime membership.
For those of us either unwilling or unable to travel to March this really gives us no choice at all if we wish to continue with Zumba, body pump or body combat. We will be forced to take on anytime membership even though we only ever use the facilities within the prescribed daytime membership hours.
You may also want to watch:
Given that we are already penalised with no swimming pool and far less classes available than other gyms in Fenland, perhaps we should be calling for lower membership rates at Chatteris.
For those on a restricted income such as pensioners this will come as a big blow.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
We are encouraged to keep fit so why is our council making this more difficult?