An evening of jazz with Julian Bliss Quintet at Chatteris Music Society church concert
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Music Society will host the Julian Bliss Quintet on Saturday June 30 when they perform ‘A trip down Tin Pan Alley’ at Chatteris Parish Church.
One of the quintet’s members said: “Imagine Benny Goodman on the clarinet with Lionel Hampton on the vibraphone together with a great jazz pianist, bass player and drums and what you get is the Julian Bliss Quintet.
“The band explores the music of Benny Goodman, George Gershwin and other composers of the period infusing over 200 years of musical heritage with their command of Western classical and jazz.”
A spokesman for Chatteris Music Society said: “We are delighted to bring this amazing professional jazz band to perform early 20th century jazz to entertain all music lovers from Fenland and beyond.
The show starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets are £12.50 for adults or £15 on the door and under 16s get in free. To book, call 01354 669104/694833 or buy from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or from Greetings Ltd, 3 High Street, March.
There will also be interval refreshments.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Visit www.chatterismusicsociety.org.uk for more information.