Aldi teams up with Chatteris junior football club
- Credit: © Jason Bye/ UNP 0845 600 7737
Footballers of the future in Chatteris were treated to a brand new kit thanks to Aldi who is supporting them throughout the next season.
The Chatteris store teamed up with local junior football team, Chatteris FC, to inspire the next generation to live healthily and get active.
The store has been working with the local community to spread the word about the supermarket’s initiative, ‘Get Set to Eat Fresh’, which encourages children aged five to 14 to develop a love for fresh, healthy food.
Aldi area manager, Ellie Chapman, visited the young footballers at their grounds to reveal the kit and meet with the team.
Ellie said: “We’re really pleased to support the junior football team here in Chatteris. The kit looks really smart and we wish them the very best of luck this season.”
You may also want to watch:
The kit sponsorship follows on from the Chatteris Bridge Street store reopening its doors on Thursday July 19, having undergone a transformation.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award