Chatteris Leisure enjoys encouraging first year with burgeoning membership
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland leisure centre is looking to hire more staff after a successful first year.
Chatteris Leisure, which boasts a gym and dance studio, was opened by Olympic medal winning gymnast Louis Smith and Peterborough United chairman Barry Fry in October 2012,
Since then, its membership has grown to 400 people and there is plenty of optimism about the future.
Chatteris Leisure is expected to have raked in an income of £167,000 from its first year of trading, compared to £115,000 in staff costs.
The centre is looking to hire a manager, customer assistants and fitness instructors to cope with the burgeoning membership.
You may also want to watch:
A report produced by head of leisure services Phil Hughes, which will be discussed by Fenland District Council’s Staff Committee on January 27, said: “The established new customer base and financial performance suggest that the leisure centre is trading close to the first year levels anticipated prior to the build, and overall should be able to achieve a net operating surplus in future years.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man found dead in March