Chatteris Library goes all out for National Library Day
- Credit: Archant
People of all ages attended a library’s open day held to mark National Library Day on Saturday.
Visitors to Chatteris Library were given slices of cake and cups of tea as they immersed themselves in the impressive selection of books on offer.
The event was organised by Friends Of Library In Chatteris - (Frolic), who hold social events throughout the year to raise funds for the library.
Frolic chairman, Margaret Allen, said: “The day went really well, There was a lot of interest from people in joining up, which is great because we are always looking for new members.
“It was also the chance for us to listen to suggestions about what changes people would like to see to the library.”
You may also want to watch:
This year is shaping up to be an exciting one for the library - new noticeboards will be put up which will display the work of Fenland’s artists and photographers.
August will see the return to the library’s popular annual summer fete.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
For more information about Frolic and its plans for the library Facebook “Frolic Chatteris”.