Santa, Christmas trees and tasty food all part of Chatteris Christmas lights switch on 2018
- Credit: Archant
Santa in his grotto, a Christmas Tree festival and tasty, hot food will see revellers soak up the festive vibes in Chatteris this year.
The Christmas light switch on will be taking place on December 1 2018 at 4.30pm, with road closures in place from 12 noon.
There is always a queue of eager children waiting to visit Santa in his grotto, and this year it will be at Thomas Paynes.
Funds raised are given to local good causes.
In St Peter & St Paul’s Parish Church the annual Christmas Tree Festival is always a very popular attraction, and their tasty refreshments go down a treat too.
You may also want to watch:
The Emmanuel Church in East Park Street will be serving hot soup and hot drinks will also be available.
So make sure you have the date in your diary and invite family and friends from outside the area to join you on the evening to start your festive season.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
Volunteers, donors and fundraisers are always needed so, to be part of that support, get in touch with email@example.com to see how what you can do to help.
The Variante Ensemble will also be back to play seasonal music in Market Hill Gardens.