Chatteris man, 73, dies in two-vehicle collision on A141 Wimblington bypass
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A 73-YEAR-OLD man died in a two-vehicle collision on the A141 near Wimblington this morning.
Frederick Overall, of Curf Terrace, Chatteris, was driving a green Vauxhall Astra which collided with a white Ford Transit Connect Van at about 9.30am.
Emergency crews provided emergency life support, but Mr Overall died at the scene.
The driver of the van, a 40-year-old man from Godmanchester, suffered slight injuries.
The A141 was closed at Eastwood End (both junctions), the A141 and the junction with King Street, Wimblington, and the A141 at the junction with the March bypass at Mill Hill roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Among the emergency crews at the scene were the Magpas Helimedix team of Dr Rob Major and volunteer paramedic Phil Almond, who flew to the scene in the Helimedix Air Ambulance.
A Magpas spokesman said: “The Magpas team provided him with advanced life support - whilst working alongside an EEAST Ambulance Crew.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“Sadly, despite all their best efforts, the patient was pronounced dead at the scene, our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.”
• Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Pc Simon Burgin of the roads policing unit on 101.