Chatteris man, 73, dies in two-vehicle collision on A141 Wimblington bypass
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A 73-YEAR-OLD man died in a two-vehicle collision on the A141 near Wimblington this morning.
Frederick Overall, of Curf Terrace, Chatteris, was driving a green Vauxhall Astra which collided with a white Ford Transit Connect Van at about 9.30am.
Emergency crews provided emergency life support, but Mr Overall died at the scene.
The driver of the van, a 40-year-old man from Godmanchester, suffered slight injuries.
The A141 was closed at Eastwood End (both junctions), the A141 and the junction with King Street, Wimblington, and the A141 at the junction with the March bypass at Mill Hill roundabout.
Among the emergency crews at the scene were the Magpas Helimedix team of Dr Rob Major and volunteer paramedic Phil Almond, who flew to the scene in the Helimedix Air Ambulance.
A Magpas spokesman said: “The Magpas team provided him with advanced life support - whilst working alongside an EEAST Ambulance Crew.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
“Sadly, despite all their best efforts, the patient was pronounced dead at the scene, our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.”
• Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Pc Simon Burgin of the roads policing unit on 101.