Chatteris man, 73, dies in two-vehicle collision on A141 Wimblington bypass
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A 73-YEAR-OLD man died in a two-vehicle collision on the A141 near Wimblington this morning.
Frederick Overall, of Curf Terrace, Chatteris, was driving a green Vauxhall Astra which collided with a white Ford Transit Connect Van at about 9.30am.
Emergency crews provided emergency life support, but Mr Overall died at the scene.
The driver of the van, a 40-year-old man from Godmanchester, suffered slight injuries.
The A141 was closed at Eastwood End (both junctions), the A141 and the junction with King Street, Wimblington, and the A141 at the junction with the March bypass at Mill Hill roundabout.
Among the emergency crews at the scene were the Magpas Helimedix team of Dr Rob Major and volunteer paramedic Phil Almond, who flew to the scene in the Helimedix Air Ambulance.
A Magpas spokesman said: “The Magpas team provided him with advanced life support - whilst working alongside an EEAST Ambulance Crew.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 3 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 4 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 5 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 6 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
“Sadly, despite all their best efforts, the patient was pronounced dead at the scene, our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.”
• Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Pc Simon Burgin of the roads policing unit on 101.