Chatteris man awarded for ‘outstanding contribution to community over many years’
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris man has been awarded for his “outstanding contribution to the community over many years”.
Robert Smith, who has provided and driven equipment to help put up flower tubs and baskets in the town, was awarded by the Rotary Club of Chatteris.
Vice-president John Barlow presented Robert - who also helps with the town’s annual Christmas lights display – with a rotary community certificate.
The club agreed that without Robert’s help the town would be much poorer in many ways.
The certificate was given at the club’s latest meeting, where members welcomed their partners and several representatives from Chatteris in Bloom.
As the meeting was close to Valentine’s Day all the female guests were presented with a rose.
The members also enjoyed a carvery-style meal and Sue Elam told the club about Chatteris in Bloom’s plans for this year.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
She also thanked the club for its donation of purple crocus bulbs as part of rotary’s campaign ‘Purple4Polio’.