Chatteris man awarded for ‘outstanding contribution to community over many years’
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris man has been awarded for his “outstanding contribution to the community over many years”.
Robert Smith, who has provided and driven equipment to help put up flower tubs and baskets in the town, was awarded by the Rotary Club of Chatteris.
Vice-president John Barlow presented Robert - who also helps with the town’s annual Christmas lights display – with a rotary community certificate.
The club agreed that without Robert’s help the town would be much poorer in many ways.
The certificate was given at the club’s latest meeting, where members welcomed their partners and several representatives from Chatteris in Bloom.
You may also want to watch:
As the meeting was close to Valentine’s Day all the female guests were presented with a rose.
The members also enjoyed a carvery-style meal and Sue Elam told the club about Chatteris in Bloom’s plans for this year.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
She also thanked the club for its donation of purple crocus bulbs as part of rotary’s campaign ‘Purple4Polio’.