Chatteris train fan, 91, toasted by Great Northern boss in birthday treat
- Credit: Archant
For one care home resident, his birthday perhaps could not have gone any better.
Train enthusiast Barry, who lives at The Gables Care Home in Chatteris, turned 91 last week and was given a homemade Great Northern cake by staff member Heath Brown to mark the occasion.
However, Heath did not want the celebrations to end there. Heath appealed to Great Northern on Twitter on behalf of Barry, writing: “It would make his day if you would reply to him. He had a fantastic day.”
In response, the rail operator congratulated Barry and three days later, was handed a framed message of the tweet.
The message read: “To Barry, a very happy birthday to you, hope you had a great day and Heath and his team looked after you on your special day! All the best, the Great Northern team – Jack.”
You may also want to watch:
Barry also received a message from Tom Moran, managing director at Great Northern, who offered the 91-year-old a possible ride in the cab of one of their trains next year.
Barry could not be more grateful for the reply, and Heath said it made Barry’s year.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle