Rooms at The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Chatteris could become flats
- Credit: Archant
Motel rooms could be converted into flats if given the go-ahead by Fenland planners.
Plans have been submitted to convert the motel area of The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Doddington Road, Chatteris, into five flats.
There may be two three-bedroom flats and three one-bedroom flats. It will also have a shared garden area.
The application’s Design and Access Statement explains the motel was part of the cafe and lorry park.
It says: “Use of the motel has declined in recent years with lorry drivers choosing to sleep in their lorries instead of using the motel.
You may also want to watch:
“The lorry parking has now stopped as a requirement of the new garden centre which has seen a further reduction in bookings.”
The document added that some rooms are occupied with long term residents, but they need refurbishing and the lack of bookings means the upgrade would not be financially viable.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile