Rooms at The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Chatteris could become flats
- Credit: Archant
Motel rooms could be converted into flats if given the go-ahead by Fenland planners.
Plans have been submitted to convert the motel area of The Green Welly Motel and Cafe in Doddington Road, Chatteris, into five flats.
There may be two three-bedroom flats and three one-bedroom flats. It will also have a shared garden area.
The application’s Design and Access Statement explains the motel was part of the cafe and lorry park.
It says: “Use of the motel has declined in recent years with lorry drivers choosing to sleep in their lorries instead of using the motel.
You may also want to watch:
“The lorry parking has now stopped as a requirement of the new garden centre which has seen a further reduction in bookings.”
The document added that some rooms are occupied with long term residents, but they need refurbishing and the lack of bookings means the upgrade would not be financially viable.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal