Chatteris mother celebrates her first year in business as a funeral celebrant
- Credit: Archant
A mother of two from Chatteris who was inspired to train as a funeral celebrant after speaking at her own grandmother’s funeral, is preparing to mark the anniversary of her first year in business.
Claire Streater, 37, who is a member of the Institute of Civil Funerals, has led more than 75 funerals across Cambridgeshire since July last year.
She is now looking to help more families in Fenland and East Cambridgeshire say farewell to their loved ones.
Claire’s open and flexible approach allows her services to take place at a wide range of venues, including crematoriums, natural burial grounds, people’s homes or other places which are special to them.
Describing her first year in business, Claire said: “Each person is special and this is something I work hard to capture in my ceremonies. I consider it a privilege to tell the story of someone’s life and I find the job extremely rewarding.”
You may also want to watch:
As an experienced public speaker for all celebrations of life, Claire also acts as celebrant at weddings, renewal of vows and naming ceremonies.
For more information call Claire on 07759 485849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
You can also find out more on her Facebook page Claire Streater – Civil Funeral Celebrant