Chatteris paedophile is jailed for a year for sexually assaulting a girl
- Credit: Archant
A 58 year old Chatteris man has been jailed for sexually assaulting a child after he groomed a girl for five years.
Michael Carter, of Lode Way, has been sentenced to 12 months in prison for sexually assaulting the girl.
Carter was handed the sentence at Peterborough Crown Court on Monday (February 5) after he was found guilty of sexual assault of a child under 13, two counts of sexual assault, exposure and sending communications with intent to cause distress or anxiety.
During the trial he was also found not guilty of two counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, a further count of exposure and sexual assault.
The court heard how Carter’s victim disclosed to a social worker in August 2016 that he had been touching her, making sexual comments and gestures, exposing himself and sending naked pictures to her over a five year period when she was aged between 12 and 17.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Jim Donington said: “Carter groomed a vulnerable girl solely for his own gratification. The victim should be commended for her bravery to come forward and report the matter, which ultimately led to his conviction.”
Carter was sentenced to 12 months for sexual assault of a child, three months each for sexual assault and exposure and six months for sending communications with intent to cause distress or anxiety. They will be served concurrently.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
He was also handed a Sexual Harm Prevention Order as well as a restraining order preventing any contact with the victim for 10 years.