Man with MDMA is arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs in Chatteris
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A man was arrested for possession with intent to supply a large quantity of Class A drugs in Chatteris.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said the man was found walking around the street with MDMA.
The spokesman said: “We swiftly acted on intelligence at the weekend to identify a male carrying Class A drugs around the streets.
“After he was located and searched a significant amount of Class A drugs were seized and the male has now been reported for possession with intent to supply.
“We are working with your community in tackling this issue and will, as you will see act on intelligence to identify, and bring to justice those who have no thought as to the dangers and community impact their actions bring to your town.
You may also want to watch:
“If you carry drugs, we will find you.”
Possession can get up to seven years in prison, an unlimited fine or both.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
Supplying someone else, even friends, can get a life prison sentence, an unlimited fine or both.