Chatteris Poppy Appeal raises over £11,000 with only poppy sales and a stall at Aldi
- Credit: Archant
The Chatteris Poppy Appeal raised over £11,000 with only the poppy sales and Aldi stall.
Chatteris Poppy Appeal organiser Lynda Behagg said: “Thank you to all of those who donated their money and time to the Poppy Appeal and helped raise £11,771.54.
“The house to house collection has been discontinued which put the total amount down by approximately £1,400 but it’s a result with which we are extremely happy.”
She added: “My thanks to everyone who contributed in some way.
“I am very proud of my army of collectors and volunteers and their enthusiasm for the Poppy Appeal.”
You may also want to watch:
The Poppy Appeal is organised by the Royal British Legion who every year get a countrywide network of collectors.
The money collected is used to look after serving and ex-servicemen, women and their dependants who are in need, financially or otherwise.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend