Chatteris Post Office hit with planning permission delay
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris’ Post Office won’t be modernised or stay open for longer just yet – because of a delay in planning permission.
As a result of the delay, the premises, at 30 High Street, will not close for refurbishment on Thursday January 14 as previously advertised.
The delay is due to a concern with one aspect of the plan - that the wall would come in too far from the boundary.
The refurbishment, which would extend opening times by five hours a week (Monday to Saturday: 9am to 5.30pm) and deliver a ‘convenient, quick service’, is still waiting to go through.
When accepted, it will facilitate bill payment, banking, benefits and travel money, as well as postage, home shopping and local collect.
You may also want to watch:
The larger premises will allow room for a private conversation area for consultations, space for a staffroom and an office for the postmaster.
Once permission is granted new dates will be announced.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed