Chatteris pub holds ‘Pamper Party’ to raise �200 for Breast Cancer Research
PEOPLE from Chatteris were pampered in the pub on Sunday, as Avon’s Pink Pamper Party raised more than �200 for Breast Cancer Research.
The Sportsman, in Fairway, Chatteris, hosted the event which saw manicures and pedicures taking place in the pub, a selection of stalls, tea and cake and a raffle.
The event, which is part of Avon’s Breast Cancer Crusade, was organised by Avon Sales Leader and Landlady at The Sportsman, Lydia Payne.
She said: “It was lovely to see such a good turnout. Women of all ages turned up to help support a great cause.
“I would like to thank everyone who donated and helped make the event such a success.”
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that another pamper party will be held after Christmas.
Sunday’s pampering was part of a weekend of fundraising at the pub, with a fancy dress family disco organised by Sarah Sellers on Saturday night also raising around �600 for Help the Heroes.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash