Chatteris Royal British Legion parade new standards at anniversary ceremony
CHATTERIS Royal British Legion and its women’s section held a joint ceremony to mark the 90th and 65th anniversary.
The Chatteris branch - formed in 1921 - combined with it’s younger women’s section at the parish church to complete the ceremony of the laying up of the old and dedication of the new standards.
Major Norman Larke and Mrs Janice Baynes - the chairmen of the groups - welcomed all to the service which was conducted by the Rev Ivan Weston MBE.
He has retired from the RAF and is the Legion’s County Chaplain, and Rev Ernie Barlow, Honorary Padre to the Friends of the 75 Squadron, New Zealand Air Force.
A number of hymns, prayers and the national anthem was recited as part of the service.
You may also want to watch:
The occasion was sponsored by the families of the late Ray and Brenda German and of Basil and Dorothy Wells.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road