Chatteris Royal British Legion parade new standards at anniversary ceremony
CHATTERIS Royal British Legion and its women’s section held a joint ceremony to mark the 90th and 65th anniversary.
The Chatteris branch - formed in 1921 - combined with it’s younger women’s section at the parish church to complete the ceremony of the laying up of the old and dedication of the new standards.
Major Norman Larke and Mrs Janice Baynes - the chairmen of the groups - welcomed all to the service which was conducted by the Rev Ivan Weston MBE.
He has retired from the RAF and is the Legion’s County Chaplain, and Rev Ernie Barlow, Honorary Padre to the Friends of the 75 Squadron, New Zealand Air Force.
A number of hymns, prayers and the national anthem was recited as part of the service.
You may also want to watch:
The occasion was sponsored by the families of the late Ray and Brenda German and of Basil and Dorothy Wells.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car