Chatteris sixth formers organise fun run in memory of a student who died last year
- Credit: Archant
Sixth form students are raising money for a young people’s mental health support charity in memory of a fellow student who died last year.
The fun run has been organised as a tribute fund raiser to Leonardo DiGiovanni who died at his Wimblington home age 17.
Student Voice, a group of sixth formers at Chatteris Cromwell Community College, have organised the event for Young Minds and hope as many people as possible will take part to help bring in money for a worthy cause.
Student Laura Garner said: “We have worked out a route from Wenny recreation ground round the town and back. One lap is one mile and three laps is three miles so people can choose which they would like to do.
“People can walk or run. The aim is to get as many people as possible taking part. All we ask is that people make a donation to take part.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is on Saturday March 14 at 11am at Wenny Road recreation ground, Chatteris. Simply turn up to get involved.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off