Chatteris storyteller and author Polly visits Cromwell for drama day
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College welcomed Chatteris-based storyteller and author Polly Howat and 20Twenty Productions into school this week.
Angela King, head of performance faculty, said: “During the day, 18 Year 7 students were read one of Polly’s stories before learning about the local myth of the ‘Hooky Man’.
“Using this as inspiration, they then developed their own stories and presented them as drama pieces at the end of the day.
“The students all loved their day and are very excited that their stories are going to be edited by Polly and published in a book.
“Polly told me she had really enjoyed her day and ‘the students were a credit to your school’.”
You may also want to watch:
William Percival said of the day: “My mum and I are really excited that my name and picture will be in a book.”
The day was part of a local project entitled ‘Chatteris in Myth and Mystery’.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car