Chatteris storyteller and author Polly visits Cromwell for drama day
- Credit: Archant
Cromwell Community College welcomed Chatteris-based storyteller and author Polly Howat and 20Twenty Productions into school this week.
Angela King, head of performance faculty, said: “During the day, 18 Year 7 students were read one of Polly’s stories before learning about the local myth of the ‘Hooky Man’.
“Using this as inspiration, they then developed their own stories and presented them as drama pieces at the end of the day.
“The students all loved their day and are very excited that their stories are going to be edited by Polly and published in a book.
“Polly told me she had really enjoyed her day and ‘the students were a credit to your school’.”
You may also want to watch:
William Percival said of the day: “My mum and I are really excited that my name and picture will be in a book.”
The day was part of a local project entitled ‘Chatteris in Myth and Mystery’.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache